Tuesday 31 January 2012

White Chocolate Chip Muffins


This weekend, it was my turn to brave the three hour journey and extortionate ticket prices which are the requirements for a trip to see my boyfriend Tom in Cambridge.  The dessert I made would need to be travel-proof and have minimum decoration but maximum taste.  What could live up to these criteria better than a chocolate muffin with white chocolate chips?


I used the recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook but with chopped up Milky Bar for the white chocolate.  In the spirit of generosity and an even number of cakes, I made sure to divide the mixture between the twelve cases, rather than making a few extra.


Aside from making the kitchen smell of chocolate cake when I brought them out of the oven, the muffins revealed themselves to be sunk in the middle.  This was probably the result of the oven temperature being too low.  Speaking of sinking, the white chocolate chunks had sunk to the bottom, which led to much undignified licking of cake cases.


Despite their imperfections, the cakes were chocolatey, moist and survived the journey to Cambridge.  While this goes to demonstrate their reliable nature, it also helped that they were locked out of the reach of temptation in my suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment