Tuesday 16 August 2011

Oreo Cupcakes

I felt like making something simple but with a classic, tasty twist, and what better than taking chocolate and adding more chocolate?  I chopped about eight Oreos into chocolate chip-sized chunks, and added these to the Hummingbird Bakery chocolate cupcake recipe by folding them in at the end.  I saved the inevitable crumbs the Oreos made on the chopping board, and dusted them over the Hummingbird Bakery’s vanilla icing.  There weren't quite enough, so I put two more Oreos into a small freezer bag and smashed them up with a wooden spoon, before topping each of the cupcakes with a mini Oreo.


The moist texture of the sponge was quite similar to that of the Oreos in the cake, which may not appeal to everyone.  However, chocolate cookie added to more chocolate can, in my book, only be a good thing.  Even my dessert-hating dad managed two in a row, so they can’t be that bad!

A mouth-watering treat for chocolate fans, these cupcakes are easy to decorate and sure to satisfy a sweet tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment