Tuesday 16 August 2011

Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes

I made these a while ago in July using the Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcake recipe from Tarek Malouf and the Hummingbird Bakers.  They have the delicious cream cheese icing and suggested topping of digestive biscuits from the same book, and I added quartered strawberries to finish.  Perfect to munch on while watching the tennis, they have strawberries in the bottom which gives the rest of the cake a lovely strawberry flavour.


The recipe tells you to use 200g of digestive biscuits for decoration - nearly all of a small packet.  I wouldn't recommend this, as even with generous toppings we were left with half a freezer bag of biscuit crumbs.  I would suggest that you start with only one or two biscuits, and break more up if you need them, which is common sense anyway.

These were a great hit with the family (I've been asked to make them again a couple of times) and I would recommend the recipe to any strawberry lovers out there looking for a taste of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment